sugar cornstarch ground cinnamon nectarines fresh blackberries lemon juice unsalted butter flour ginger sugar baking powder salt butter chilled whipping cream ground cinnamonViewed: 41 - Published at: a year ago
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 pounds firm but ripe nectarines, halved, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 6 cups fresh blackberries (about five 6-ounce baskets)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chilled whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- Add nectarines, berries and lemon juice; toss to blend.
- Transfer to prepared dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake until mixture begins to bubble, about 30 minutes.
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, lemon peel and salt in medium bowl.
- Using fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add cream; stir until dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead gently until smooth, about 6 turns.
- Roll out to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Using 2-inch star cookie cutter or round biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Reroll dough scraps; cut out additional biscuits.
- Place biscuits atop hot fruit, spacing closely.
- Mix 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over biscuits.
- Bake cobbler until fruit is tender and biscuits are golden, about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.