butter onions salt Mozzarella cheese chili powder cumin chile powder flour tomato sauce water chicken bouillon cubes flour tortillasViewed: 35 - Published at: 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 12-3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 12 tablespoons flour
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Saute onions in the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add salt to it as well.
- When soft, take most onion out of saucepan, leaving about 1/4 - 1/3 cup, and put into a bowl to cool.
- Mix chili powders, cumin, and flour together.
- Add into sauce pan with water, tomato sauce, and crushed bullion cubes, mixing well.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes, and turn oven to 350F.
- In bowl with onions, add cheese and mix well.
- Put 3/4 cup sauce into 9x13 inch baking dish to cover bottom.
- Spoon cheese mixture down the middle of the tortillas, and then add a little sauce on top, and roll.
- Place into 9x13 inch baking dish, seam side down and repeat, leaving a little of cheese mixture and sauce for top of enchiladas.
- Top with remaining sauce (if there is too much then add as much as you would like and save the rest), and then with cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.