flour curry powder thyme salt chicken breasts canola oil onion garlic nutmeg tomatoes golden raisins almonds parsleyViewed: 25 - Published at: 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 - 3 tablespoons curry powder (plus a sprinkle to season flour)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (plus a sprinkle to season flour)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin circles and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (or 1/2 cup currants)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place flour in a shallow baking or plastic bag.
- Season flour with salt, pepper along with a sprinkle of curry and thyme.
- Dredge chicken to coat lightly.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown on each side, about 10 minutes.
- Do this in batches to not over crowd the pan.
- Remove chicken to paper towel to drain and place in a casserole pan.
- To the same skillet, add onions and garlic.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Stir to blend.
- Add tomatoes with juice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tomato and onion sauce over the chicken and bake uncovered for 20 30 minutes until chicken tender and cooked through.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, remove casserole from the oven, stir in raisons and return to the oven to finish cooking.
- Garnish with parsley and almonds.
- Serve over rice.