- 34 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 12 cup fresh basil leaf
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large artichokes, steamed and chilled
- To steam the artichoke: wash the artichoke under cold, running water.
- Trim the end of the stem to 1 inch.
- ( the stem is an extension of the artichoke heart and is edible!).
- Trim the top of the artichoke by cutting off 1/4 of the top (about an inch) and discard.
- Then, arrange artichokes in a steamer insert or basket in a pot deep enough to keep artichokes above water.
- Cover and steam over rapid-boiling water (making sure to maintain the water level), until artichokes are tender.
- Depending on size and quantity of artichokes, steaming time can range from 30 to 50 minutes; lift out carefully and drain.
- Chill until ready to eat or serve warm.
- While artichokes are steaming: Place all ingredients except bell pepper and artichokes in blender or food processor.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Remove from blender; stir in bell pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Remove leaved from artichokes and arrange them on serving platter.
- Place 1 teaspoons of sauce on each leaf, or place the bowl of dip in center of leaves.