butternut squash ground cumin olive oil radishes lime cilantro sugar cooking oil ground duck onion taco water tortillas lime wedged cotija cheeseViewed: 6 - Published at: 4 years ago
- 1 each butternut squash, large dice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 each lime, juiced
- 12 leaves cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar, turbinado
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 10 oz ground duck
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 4 tsp taco seasoning
- 3 oz water
- 6 each tortillas
- 1/2 each lime wedged
- 2 oz Cotija cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Toss the butternut squash in olive oil, salt, and ground cumin.
- Spread across a heavy baking sheet.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until squash is browned & tender.
- Combine the radish, lime juice, cilantro, and sugar.
- Set aside to use later as a garnish.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add cooking oil, and heat until shimmering and wisping smoke.
- Add the ground duck meat in an even layer, and cook without stirring or turning to brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- The duck will have rendered off a good amount of liquid, remove approximately half before proceeding.
- (You can reserve by chilling this liquid, and use it to cook with later, it has TERRIFIC flavor!)
- Stir in the diced onion, and cook while stirring until onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the taco-seasoning blend, and continue to cook while stirring for 1-2 more minutes, then stir in water.
- Continue to cook while stirring for 2-3 more minutes.
- Combine the meat mixture with the cumin-roasted squash.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Make tacos using the meat mixture, radish salad, and Cotija cheese.
- Serve lime wedges as a garnish, and enjoy!