4 - Published at:
4 years ago
- 2 lbs. flour
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 2 pkg. yeast dissolved in 3/4 c. hot water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 yolk for top glaze, optional
- Place above ingredients in saucepan (except flour) and heat over low heat till butter melts.
- Mix while heating.
- Pour mix over flour in large bowl.
- Knead by hand or possibly in mixer with dough hook till smooth and elastic.
- Cover bowl with towel and put in hot place till it doubles in bulk.
- Punch dough down and form into 2 loaves.
- Place in greased pans.
- Let rise again.
- Bake 45 min to 1 hour (till browned) in 350 degree oven.
- NOTES: Top of loaf may be glazed with egg yolk before baking.
- Loaves may be braided and placed on cookie sheets if you like.