onion green bell pepper celery sausage habanero pepper tomatoes garlic thyme salt pepper hot pepper shrimp parsleyViewed: 6 - Published at: 4 years ago
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon habanero pepper, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon pepper
- 12 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 12 ounces peeled deveined medium raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp and parsley in a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in shrimp; cover and cook 20 minutes or until done.
- Stir in parsley; serve over rice.
- Pass a bottle of pepper sauce at the table.