- 3/4 cup millet
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- Wedges of lemon, lime, or orange
- Minced fresh parsley
- Tiny cherry tomatoes
- Place the millet and quinoa in a strainer, and rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
- Transfer the grains to a small saucepan, and add the water and a small pinch of salt.
- Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Cover, and turn the heat down as far as it will go, then simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir the millet and quinoa from the bottom of the pot with a fork, and keep fluffing the grains for a minute or two, then cover again, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes longer, or until the grains are perfectly tender.
- Transfer to a bowl, and fluff from the bottom with a fork to let steam escape.
- Let stand uncovered for about 15 minutes, repeating the fluffing procedure every few minutes or so.
- Stir in the toasted sunflower seeds, and serve warm or at room temperature with garnishes as desired.