country-style pork salt orange juice soy sauce sugar fresh ginger garlic ground black pepper flameproof roasting panViewed: 21 - Published at: 8 years ago
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Special equipment: an 11- by 17-inch flameproof roasting pan
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 325F.
- Sprinkle ribs evenly with salt.
- Bring orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and pepper to a boil in roasting pan over moderately high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Add ribs in 1 layer using tongs, turning to coat, and cover pan tightly with foil.
- Braise ribs in oven until very tender, about 2 hours.
- (If making ahead, see cooks' note, below.)
- Reduce oven temperature to 200F.
- Transfer ribs to a baking dish, arranging them in 1 layer, and keep warm in oven.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid if desired, then make glaze by boiling liquid, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until syrupy and reduced to about 3/4 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Brush glaze generously on ribs.