- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 seedless unpeeled oranges, preferably organic, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 13 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sea salt
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread walnuts on a baking pan in one layer and toast until fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse together the oranges, sugar and pepper and a generous pinch of salt until chunky.
- Add the walnuts and pulse a few times until the relish comes together.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the pomegranate seeds and mint.