21 - Published at:
a year ago
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 tablespoon flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 head garlic
- 3 stalks rosemary
- 1 14 cups dry white wine
- Prepare the chicken: Wipe the chicken with kitchen paper, trim away any excess skin with scissors then toss the thighs in the seasoned flour.
- Separate the bulb of garlic into cloves (no need to peel).
- Fry the chicken: Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan until searingly hot, add the chicken, skin side down, and fry without moving the chicken until the skin is crisp and browned.
- Turn the chicken over and brown it on all sides (you may need to do this in batches).
- Add the garlic and rosemary, then pour in the wine and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 40-45 minutes, until the chicken is tender and the sauce thickened.
- Serve with rice or parsley-tossed tagliatelle, and buttered spinach.