- 23 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 14 cups flour
- 23 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 14 cup brown sugar
- 14 cup white sugar
- Combine all ingredients for topping.
- Grease and flour an 8" square cake pan or tube pan or oblong whatever you desire.
- Blend sugar and shortening together.
- Stir in beaten egg.
- Mix in salt, baking powder and flour.
- Add vanilla to milk and add to the batter altenately with dry ingredients.
- Spread half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half the topping on top.
- Cover with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake in a moderate oven 350F.
- for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow cake to sit at room temp.
- in pan on wrack for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Cut pieces from pan.