vegetable oil wonton wrappers carrot green cabbage green onions water soy sauce white vinegar sesame oil sugar ground star aniseViewed: 29 - Published at: 2 years ago
- 23 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 packages (12 Oz. Package, 52 Count) Wonton Wrappers
- 1 whole Large Carrot, Finely Shredded
- 1/4 heads Green Cabbage, Finely Shredded
- 1 bunch Green Onions, Trimmed And Thinly Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Water For Assembling The Spring Rolls
- 2- 1/2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoons White Vinegar (or Rice Wine Vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 18 teaspoons Ground Star Anise
- Spring Rolls:
- Finely shred your carrot and cabbage after cleaning them (I used a mandoline to make sure they were even and unbruised fine shreds).
- Trim and finely slice your green onions.
- Have a dish with about 2 tablespoons of water to wet your fingertips with to assemble your spring rolls.
- First separate the won ton wrappers in half, then separate them individually so they are all pulled apart before you start your assembly line (this will save you a lot of frustration).
- Place your won ton wrapper pointy side up and place a couple of shreds of carrots and cabbage and sprinkle on a few green onions.
- Wet the outer edges with water and your fingers then fold burrito style, left and right sides in first, then the bottom point up and roll.
- Once you have all your spring rolls rolled, you can start the dipping sauce.
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, ground star anise, and give them a good stir.
- Pour into individual dipping saucers.
- You can garnish this with a cilantro leaf or green onions sliced on the bias.
- Cook your spring rolls: pour oil into a small pan and let the oil get to about 350 degrees.
- Place the spring rolls in only 3-4 at a time, and cook for about a minute on each side.
- Serve immediately with prepared dipping sauce.