- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 34 cup milk (low fat or whole cow's milk, almond, rice or soy milk will work)
- 14 cup vegetable oil (or Canola Oil)
- 12 cup honey (or Agave Nectar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 12 cups strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg and add milk, oil, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest and stir.
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet until incorporated (try not to over mix the batter).
- Add the strawberries to the batter and slowly combine.
- Line or grease muffin tins and fill 2/3 of the way with batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean.
- Cool and serve.