- 6 -7 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups whole kernel corn (frozen or canned)
- 2 -3 dashes pepper
- 12 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes (already made ( use brand that requires milk and margarine or butter)
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon only from pan, leave drippings.
- Leave bacon dry and cool, (will be crumbled later).
- Cook onion in bacon drippings until tender and golden in color, remove from heat.
- Again leave drippings pan but this time along with onions.
- Make instant potatoes, be sure to use a brand that requires butter/margarine, milk, and water.
- In a medium pot add milk, corn, condensed cream of mushroom soup, pepper, onions and all of drippings left over.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the potatoes, then with fingers break bacon into tiny pieces and add to soup.
- Add thyme, stir.
- Make sure to stir well or the potatoes will stay mashed together.
- After everything has been boiling for at least 10-15 minutes, and being stirred occasionally, remove from heat.
- After the chowder has cooled to the temperature you wish to eat it at--ENJOY!