olive oil sweet onion red bell pepper zucchini garlic salt corn thyme tomatoes eggs milk Gruyere cheeseViewed: 12 - Published at: 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced (to taste)
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 large ear of corn
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 12 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, & diced
- 3 large eggs
- 34 cup milk, not skim
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, grated - 1/2 cup (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 qt gratin or shallow baking dish such as 13x9 inch dish.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large, non-stick skillet.
- Add onion & cook, stirring often, until just tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add red pepper & cook til soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, garlic & 1/4 tsp salt & continue to cook, stirring often until zucchini is translucent but still bright green.
- Stir in kernels cut from the corn, black pepper & thyme; cook, stirring a few minutes longer, until corn is barely tender.
- Stir in tomato, remove from heat & transfer to baking dish.
- Spread vegetables in an even layer.
- Beat eggs & milk together.
- Add cheese & more salt & pepper.
- Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until firm & brown.
- This dish can be made hours ahead and is good hot or cold.
- Serves 8 as a side dish.
- 164 cal, 7 g fat, 10 g protein.