zucchini summer onions very ripe tomatoes Cheddar cheese olive oil fresh basil fresh rosemary thyme saltViewed: 17 - Published at: 6 years ago
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 small summer squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 small onions, cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 3 medium very ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 12 lb vermont extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix herbs together.
- Coat the bottom and sides of a large Dutch oven or casserole with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil; layer each zucchini, summer squash, tomato and onion in that order; top with 1 tablespoon herbs, salt and pepper and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil; then add 1/3 of the grated cheddar.
- Repeat with a second and third layer.
- Put cover on casserole and bake at 350F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Check onions and squash for doneness.
- Serve immediately!