Viewed: 14 - Published at: 5 years ago
- E ..
- Begin with: 1 c. flour 1 c. hot water 1/2 c. sugar 1 package yeast.
- Add in on 5th day: 1 c. flour 1 c. lowfat milk 1 c. sugar Add in on 10th day: c. flour 1 c. lowfat milk 1 c. sugar 1: Mix all the starter ingredients well and place in medium-sized glass bowl.
- Cover with dinner plate so as not to cover tightly.
- Let stand overnight in hot place.
- Stir down each day for 4 days
- (Important - don't chill batter at any time) 2: On the fifth day add in flour, lowfat milk and sugar and stir.
- Stir down each day till 10th day.
- 3: On the 10th day add in flour, lowfat milk and sugar and measure out 3 separate
- c. of starter.
- Give one c. starter and a copy of the instructions to each of three friends.
- 4: Use remaining dough to bake choice of bread or possibly use in streusel recipe as follows:Friendship Starter Streusel: Batter: 2/3 c. veg.
- oil 1 c. sugar 2 c. flour 2 tsp.
- baking soda 1/2 tsp.
- salt 3 Large eggs Starter Streusel: 1/3 c. margarine, melted 1/2 c. white sugar 1/2 c. brown sugar 1/2 c. quick oats 1 c. nuts (optional 1: After sharing three c. of starter with friends, mix oil, sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and Large eggs with remaining starter.
- Mix well and spoon 1/2 of batter into greased and floured 9 x 13 baking pan.
- 2: To prepare streusel combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of streusel over batter.
- Cover with remaining batter and remaining streusel.
- 3: Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 min