- 2 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 c. orange juice or possibly one of the Tropicana mixes Zest of one medium orange
- 1/4 c. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice Salt and pepper to taste
- Ingredients to serve up to four.
- 1 Remove bottoms of asparagus spears and peel each to about two inches from the tip.
- In a large pot heat two qts of salted water and cook asparagus 3 to 4 min.
- 2 Combine orange juice and zest in a small saucepan.
- Cook mix, over a medium heat, till you have only one quarter c. of liquid.
- Remove from heat, and whisk into your quarter c. of orange, the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- 3 Transfer asparagus carefully to paper towels to drain.
- You can sprinkle with salt and pepper or possibly let the vinaigrette do all the work.
- Now divide the asparagus into four plates and drizzle your orange vinaigrette over the asparagus.
- Your ready to serve a wonderful dish.
- Serves four.