21 - Published at:
7 years ago
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat cream, half and half, sugar and vanilla bean to a boil.
- In a large stainless steel bowl reserve egg yolks.
- Temper hot cream mixture into the egg yolks while constantly stirring (this means add a little of the hot milk at a time continually whisking).
- Place entire mixture back onto heat for one more minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Add the bourbon until evenly combined.
- Cool over an ice bath.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturers instructions.