- 1/2 c. salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 7 c. water
- 1 1/2 lb salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Dissolve salt and sugar in 2 c. of warm water in a gallon sized zip top bag or possibly a very large bowl.
- Add in the cool water and the salmon, remove all of the air (if using a bowl, weigh down the fish) and seal.
- Chill 20 min.
- You have just brined the fish.
- Heat the grill to medium Remove the salmon and pat it dry.
- Rub the salmon with oil on both sides, then dust with paprika and pepper.
- Grill the salmon 4 min on each side, or possibly till it flakes easily with a fork and is as done as you like.