mayonnaise freshly grated Pecorino anchovy fillet water red wine vinegar garlic Worcestershire sauce Tabasco freshly ground white pepper hearts of romaine freshly ground black pepperViewed: 16 - Published at: 2 years ago
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino, plus thin shavings of pecorino, for serving (optional)
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained, plus more fillets, for serving (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 3 chilled large hearts of romaine (about 1 pound), leaves left whole
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender, combine the mayonnaise with the 3 tablespoons of grated pecorino, 1 anchovy and the water, vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire and Tabasco.
- Process until smooth.
- Season with white pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine with the dressing and season with black pepper.
- Garnish with pecorino shavings and anchovy fillets and serve right away.