tomato sauce oregano garlic basil pepper lean ground beef Italian breadcrumbs Italian breadcrumbs well Mozzarella cheese Parmesan cheeseViewed: 11 - Published at: 3 years ago
- 34 cup tomato sauce
- 12 teaspoon dried oregano
- 18 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 teaspoon dried basil
- 18 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 14 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs, plus
- 2 tablespoons seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce and spices.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, crumbs and 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce mixture.
- Mix well.
- Spread meat on a piece of wax paper, forming a rectangle about 8 x 10 inches.
- Spread spinach over half the meat.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese, still only covering half the meat.
- Fold meat over so that spinach and cheese are inside.
- Seal edges.
- Transfer meat to a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 1 hour.