- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 5 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 5 bacon slices, cooked crisp and chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Cheddar
- 3/4 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- and grease a large baking sheet.
- Into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in sage and with fingertips blend in butter until mixture resembles meal.
- Stir in bacon and Cheddar.
- Add buttermilk and stir until mixture just forms a dough.
- Gather dough into a ball and on a lightly floured surface knead gently 8 times.
- Pat out dough into a 6- by 5-inch rectangle.
- Cut dough into 9 rectangles and arrange about 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits in middle of oven 15 minutes.