- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 3 -4 lbs strawberries (fresh)
- 14 cup sugar, plus 3 tbsp sugar divided (more to taste if necessary)
- 12 teaspoon cornstarch (more if you would like less juice)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Brush a 9X13 inch pan with recipe #78579 or spray with pam.
- (if you decide to roll out the puff pastry skip this step).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line bottom of pan with puff pastry including part way up the sides-overlapping pieces as necessary.
- Place pan in oven to pre-bake until it is puffy (this will help the bottom from being soggy when top is done).
- Hull and slice strawberries into a bowl large enough to mix with other ingredients.
- Mix sugar with cornstarch and sprinkle over strawberries.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over strawberries.
- Using a potato masher--lightly mash strawberries, leaving some of the berries in slices.
- Spread evenly over puff pastry.
- Cover berries with remainder of puff pastry placing edges close together or overlapping.
- You will have leftovers of the pastry.
- Mix 3 tbsp sugar and cinnamon.
- Moisten puff pastry with water and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes at 450 then turn oven down to 350 and continue to bake until top is golden brown approximately 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve warm with ice cream or chill and serve plain or with creme fraiche.