- 2 cups unfiltered apple juice
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 small lemon)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 whole allspice berries
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- One 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- In a medium saucepan, bring the apple juice, sugar, lemon juice, salt, ginger, cinnamon stick and allspice berries to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a large measuring cup.
- Pour the mixture into ice pop molds.
- Insert the stick/cover tops and freeze until solid, about 6 hours.
- Run cold water over the sides of the molds to loosen the ice pops and serve immediately