olive oil garlic onion celery shallots green peppers flour beef stock black pepper cayenne pepper thyme tomato paste saltViewed: 30 - Published at: 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14 stalk celery, diced
- 2 dry shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups beef stock, heated
- 14 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 14 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- heat oil in saucepan over med heat.
- add garlic and vegetables, cook for 7 minutes over low heat stirring occasionally.
- mix in flour and cook 7 minutes over low heat to brown flour.
- pour in beef stock and whisk well.
- all all seasonings and tomato paste.
- cook 18 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- strain sauce with sieve.
- serve sauce.