olive oil only celery shallots garlic vegetable broth silk plain soymilk corn kernels potatoes bay leaf thyme kosher salt red bell pepper fresh ground black pepper fresh chivesViewed: 17 - Published at: 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large leek, white and pale green parts only, cleaned and diced
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups silk plain soymilk
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (thawed) or 2 cups frozen corn kernels (thawed)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (to garnish) or 1 -2 tablespoon fresh tarragon (to garnish)
- Heat oil in a heavy stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add leek, celery, shallots and garlic and cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, soymilk, corn, potatoes, bay leaf, thyme and salt.
- Bring to boil and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Transfer 1 cup vegetables and 1/2 cup broth to food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to pot.
- Add bell pepper and simmer another 2 minutes.
- Season with pepper to taste and garnish with chopped chives.