cupcake liners white chocolate chips white cake milk vegetable oil egg egg whites vanilla unsalted butter powdered sugar milk almond white chocolateViewed: 17 - Published at: 2 years ago
- 24 paper cupcake liners, for cupcake pans
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageplain white cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 13 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 -8 ounces bar white chocolate
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the cake mix, milk, oil, egg, egg whites, vanilla and melted white chocolate in a large mixing bowl and blend on low speed with electrix mixer for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down sides; increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full and place in oven.
- Bake the cupcakes until they are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pans from the oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing cups from pans.
- Cool competely before frosting.
- To make frosting:.
- Place butter in a medium mixing bowl and blend at low speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar, milk and almond extract and blend on low speed until incorporated.
- Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, one minute more.
- Add up to 1 tablespoon more milk if frosting seems too thick.
- To make chocolate curls:.
- Set bar of chocolate, flat side up, on counter for 1 hour at room temperature to soften.
- Drag a vegetable peeler across the bar toward you in long strokes to make curls.
- Use to garnish cupcakes.