- 1 c. Blanched almonds
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/2 lb Unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 x Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 c. All-purpose bleached flour
- Combine almonds and sugar in food processor and pulse to grind finely.
- Beat butter with sugar-almond mix and salt till very light, about 5 min on medium speed.
- Beat in yolk, then vanilla extract.
- Remove from mixer; sift over and stir in flour.
- Divide dough in half and shape each into an 8-inch long cylinder, forming it in a sheet of parchment paper.
- Refrigeratetill hard.
- Slice cylinders of dough 1/4-inch thick and arrange on paper-lined pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees about 15 to 20 min.