boneless loin of pork salt freshly ground pepper egg water corn flour bread crumbs butter lemon wedgesViewed: 23 - Published at: 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless loin of pork, trimmed of almost all fat
- Salt to taste if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon corn, peanut or vegetable oil
- 13 cup flour
- 1 cup fine fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, optional
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Cut meat or have it cut crosswise into 12 slices of equal thickness.
- Pound each lightly with flat mallet.
- Arrange on flat surface and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In side dish combine egg, water, one tablespoon oil, salt and pepper.
- Beat well to blend.
- Put flour in second dish and bread crumbs in third.
- Dip pork slices in flour to coat thoroughly, shaking off excess.
- Dip each in egg mixture and then in crumbs to coat well.
- Pat to help crumbs adhere.
- Heat about 1/4 cup of oil in large, heavy skillet and add a few breaded slices to fill skillet without crowding.
- Cook about 5 minutes on one side until golden brown.
- Turn and cook about 5 minutes or slightly longer on other side.
- Transfer to warm platter.
- Continue adding oil and pork until all are cooked.
- Heat butter until lightly browned and pour over meat.
- Serve with lemon wedges.