- 2 cut up whole chickens
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1/2 c. diced bell pepper
- 1/2 c. diced pimento
- 3 c. uncooked rice
- 6 c. broth
- 2 packets Vigo yellow rice seasoning
- Boil 2 cut up chickens till done.
- Pick chicken from bone into a bowl.
- Heat butter in large pan.
- Add in rice.
- Cook till golden, add in onion, chicken, bell pepper and pimento.
- Saute/fry for a few min.
- Add in broth.
- Then add in yellow rice seasoning.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer till water is cooked away and rice is tender.