- 100 ml Vegetable oil
- 50 ml Sesame oil
- 5 clove Garlic
- 1 Takanotsume
- 1/3 Japanese leek
- 1 tbsp Korean chili pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- Peel the garlic, cut in half and remove the core.
- Roughly mince.
- De-seed the red chili pepper.
- Mince 1/3 of the green onion.
- Add the vegetable oil and the sesame oil to a cooled pan along with the garlic and red chili pepper.
- Heat on low and let the flavours of the garlic and chili peppers infuse with the oil.
- Once the mixture is bubbling, add the Korean chili peppers and green onion and bring to a boil again.
- A minute after the mixture has come to a boil, stop the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Once it has cooled, add the seasonings and mix well to dissolve.
- Transfer to an airtight container and you're done!
- Top this over a raw egg over rice!
- If you just use the yolk, it'll be delicious and rich..
- Or add to some to mapo tofu!
- Check out the recipe for "Sweet Mapo Tofu",, and "Medium Spicy Mapo Tofu".