- 2 large, firm-ripe avocados
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons chopped pitted Taggiasca olives packed in oil
- 1 serrano chile, sliced
- 1 large lemon, halved
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut each avocado in half, remove the pits, and place each half on a salad plate.
- Sprinkle each half lightly with salt and fill each cavity with 1 tablespoon chopped olives and a bit of the oil in which they are packed.
- Sprinkle evenly with the sliced chile.
- Squeeze 1 lemon half evenly over the avocado halves.
- In a separate bowl, toss the arugula with the olive oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons juice from the remaining lemon half.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Top each avocado half with the arugula salad and serve.