dates low-fat granola walnuts brown sugar orange juice margarine water lemon juice cinnamon apples maple syrupViewed: 24 - Published at: 3 years ago
- 13 cup dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-fat granola
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 14 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 14 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large apples
- maple syrup (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine dates, granola, walnuts, sugar, 1 Tbsp of orange juice, margarine, lemon juice, orange peel, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Core apples, set in 9 inch round baking dish.
- Fill cavities with date mixture, dividing equally.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup orange juice with water, pour around apples in dish.
- Cover with foil, bake in 350 oven 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking about 15 minutes longer, or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve warm or cold drizzled with maple syrup.