- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 12 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 18 cup extra virgin olive oil
- roasted red pepper (optional)
- Add all ingredients except for olive oil and roasted red peppers to food processor and process to until smoothish consistency.
- Mixture will appear dry.
- Slowly add olive oil until desired consistency (approximately 1/4 cup).
- Add roasted red peppers for a great flavour.
- This will also make a smoother hummous.