- 6 ounces pasta, elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated grated
- 2 tablespoons scallions, spring or green onions minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups eggplant sliced
- 2 each tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni 8 to 10 minutes, just until tender.
- Drain, and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Place cooking liquid in a large bowl, stir in Parmesan cheese, scallions, oil, and pepper.
- Add macaroni, toss well to mix.
- Set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with spray.
- Add eggplant; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until tender.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Spray an 8 inch square pan with nonstick spray.
- Layer half the tomatoes and eggplant in pan; sprinkle with basil.
- Spread macaroni on top; layer remaining tomato and eggplant over macaroni.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and paprika.
- Bake 20 to 25 min., until bubbly.