23 - Published at:
9 years ago
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 5 lbs granny smith apples (works best , about 5 lbs.)
- 34 cup butter, semi soft
- Lightly grease a 9x13 cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and cut about 5 lbs.
- Granny Smith apples.
- In separate bowl mix cake mix and butter just to crumble.
- (May need more or less butter).
- Put cut apples in cake pan.
- Top apples with spice topping.
- Dab of butter on top (5-6 small cuts scattered).
- Put in oven and bake until topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take out let cool.
- Top with ice cream if desired.