onions garlic vegetable oil black beans bay leaves water coriander seeds stalks celery tomatoes oranges rice brown bread crumbs toastedViewed: 12 - Published at: 5 years ago
- 1 large onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 each bay leaves
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 each tomatoes chopped
- 1 each oranges sliced
- 1 cup rice brown, uncooked
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs toasted
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until tender, in large pot.
- Add beans, water, bay leaf and cover.
- Soak overnight.
- The next day add, coriander, celery, tomato and 1/2 orange.
- Simmer 2 to 3 hours until beans are tender, adding water if necessary.
- Cook rice, about 45 minutes before serving, using 2 1/2 to 3 cups of water.
- Serve beans over rice, garnish with orange slices and sprinkle with bread crumbs.