19 - Published at:
8 years ago
- 2 blocks Firm tofu
- 250 grams Okara
- 1/4 of one carrot Carrot
- 2 stalks' worth The green part of green onion or scallion
- 50 grams after soaking Hijiki that's been soaked in water and rehydrated
- 1 tsp Salt
- First the prep.
- Cut the carrot piece into fine julienne, chop the green part of the green onion finely, and soak the hijiki seaweed.
- Mix the tofu and okara together in a bowl.
- Add the carrot, green onion, hijiki and salt, and mix together.
- Rub a little cooking oil* on your palms, and form the mixture into patties.
- They should be about the size of your palm.
- (*cooking oil not listed in the ingredients.)
- Deep fry the patties in 180C oil for about 5 to 6 minutes until golden brown.
- Eat with grated daikon radish, grated ginger, and/or ponzu dipping sauce, or whatever you prefer.