- One 1-pound bag frozen cut okra
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- One 10-ounce can ROTEL diced tomatoes and chilies
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the okra according to package directions, then rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking, and drain.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, then the onions, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Saute until the onions turn translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the okra, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer to heat through, 4 to 5 minutes.