- 250 grams Pork offcuts
- 1/4 stalk Chinese cabbage
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 packages Shimeji mushrooms
- 1 Carrots (for garnish, so may be omitted)
- 1 tsp each Doubanjiang, grated ginger
- 300 ml Water
- 1 tbsp of each Sugar, soy sauce, sake, chicken soup stock granules
- 1 pinch Yuzu
- 200 ml Soy milk
- 1 Salt
- Thinly slice the onions, roughly chop the cabbage, separate the shimeji mushrooms, and cut the carrots into small pieces.
- Cut any large pieces of the pork into smaller pieces.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan and saute the grated ginger and doubanjiang over low heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the pork, carrots, onions, shimeji mushrooms, and the Chinese cabbage, cover with a lid, and steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the Chinese cabbage has steamed, give the ingredients another good mixing, place on the lid once more and simmer over low heat for another 8-10 minutes.
- Once simmered, add the soy milk and lightly warm.
- Season with salt to finish.
- Transfer to dishes and garnish as desired with parsley and black pepper.