- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 5 (1 2/3 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, broken
- 34 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Cream butter; gradually add brown sugar, and beat well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Spread batter in a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes (crust will be soft).
- Remove pan from oven, and immediately arrange pieces of chocolate on hot crust.
- Let stand until chocolate softens; then spread evenly over crust with a spatula.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top; let cool slightly.
- Cut into squares while warm.
- Let squares cool completely in pan.