- 1 whole Shredded Zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cups Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 pinch Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash and cut the ends off of one large zucchini.
- Shred it using the large holes of a cheese grater.
- Squeeze the shredded zucchini inside of a clean towel until youve removed as much liquid as possible.
- Place shredded zucchini into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add minced garlic, breadcrumbs, cheese, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Stir with a fork until well mixed.
- Heat olive oil (about 1/4 deep in bottom of skillet) to a medium heat.
- When the oil is hot enough, drop a glob of the zucchini batter into the skillet and flatten it a little bit with a fork.
- After about two minutes, turn the cakes over (they should be a nice, golden-brown) and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until done.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
- Check out http://tastykitchen.com/cooking/2008/07/cooking-with-ryan-zucchini-cakes/ for step-by-step photos and explanations.