- 1 14 cups dried lima beans (1/4 pound)
- 12 onion, thinly sliced
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoon dry mustard
- 12 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- Place the beans in a soup pot.
- Cover with water; boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Prepare a 1-1/2 quart casserole with non-stick pan spray.
- Drain the beans, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Combine the beans and the reserved liquid with the remaining ingredients and put in the casserole.
- Cover and bake 1-3/4 hours.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, adding liquid if the beans seem dry.