- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey
- 12 cup chopped onion
- 12 cup chopped bell pepper
- 12 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 13 cups broth or 2 13 cups water
- 1 12 teaspoons salt (less if you use broth)
- 12 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a heavy skillet, stir the meat until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to very low, cover the skillet and simmer (steam) for about 45 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once or twice to keep from sticking.
- Serve with green salad and whole wheat rolls.
- Have dinner on the table in less than an hour.