- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 3 tablespoons sauterne wine
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light cream (half&half)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan, parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- Pop stems out of shrooms (don't tear cups).
- Cut stems up finely.
- Saute shrooms and onions in butter (or olive oil) slowly, over medium-low heat, until limp; be careful not to let mixture burn.
- Add clam juice and wine; cook slowly until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add bread crumbs to shroom mixture in pan; mix well.
- Should be quite dry.
- Add half and half until mixture has a good texture, like slightly dampish clay for hand-building pottery.
- Add parmesan.
- Fill mushroom caps with mixture (will have to mound).
- Bake in toaster oven at 250 degrees F. until mushrooms start looking shriveled and ooze juice, getting brown.
- If unsure, taste.