eggplant celery yellow onion fresh garlic tomatoes parsley oregano salt rice sausage cheese hard cheeseViewed: 15 - Published at: 9 years ago
- 1 med. eggplant
- 1/2 c. celery, minced
- 1 med. yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1 (14 ounce.) can tomatoes, cut up (reserve liquid)
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 c. cooked rice
- 1 pound sausage of choice (cut to bite-size)
- 1/2 pound Jack cheese, cubed
- Grated hard cheese
- Cut unpeeled eggplant into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Add in next 7 ingredients.
- Cook on stove top or possibly microwave till tender.
- Prepare rice.
- Fry or possibly broil sausage.
- To serve, arrange sausage and cheese cubes on bed of rice; cover with eggplant saute/fry.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Serves 4.