- 1 leg veal
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 filet anchovy fillets
- 2 each bay leaves
- 300 ml white wine
- 2 large onions sliced
- 1 x black pepper to garnish
- With the tip of a very sharp knife, make incisions all over the surface of a leg of veal.
- Into each incision, stuff a sliver of garlic and a small anchovy fillet.
- Also insert into the meat 4 to 6 cloves.
- Pour a little of the oil in which the anchovies were packed into the palm of your hand, rub your hands together and rub them all over the surface of the meat.
- Put the leg of veal into an oven proof casserole or chicken roaster, dust with pepper and surround with slices of onions.
- Add a couple of bay leaves and pour over dry white wine.
- Cover the casserole and roast in a 160C oven for 2 to 3 hours.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.