butter onion red pears sage flour chicken stock solid pack pumpkin brown sugar curry powder heavy creamViewed: 23 - Published at: 2 years ago
- 14 lb butter
- 1 medium onion, fine dice
- 1 -2 red pears, peeled seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 34 cup flour
- 2 12 quarts chicken stock
- 2 (15 ounce) cans solid pack pumpkin
- 12 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 34 cup heavy cream
- In heavy stock pan heat butter, saute onions and pears about 5 minutes or til soft.
- Add sage,and salt and pepper.
- Add flour, cook few minutes, Add stock slowly, whisking to remove lumps.
- Add pumpkin, curry, brown sugar and bring to a simmer.
- cook 30 minutes.
- Add cream.
- Heat through and serve.
- Tastes richer next day.
- Makes 12 cups.